Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sunlight Square Podcasts

Things have been a little cluttered on AS for the last couple of weeks and I haven't had much time to sift through the offerings there. Yesterday, a friend of mine asked me to check out a funk group called "Sunlight Square" which I never did find, but I did end up finding a pretty cool podcast for those of you that want something a bit different to listen to musically.

There are 8 pod casts on this site, and they all have a slightly different focus. The pod casts look like they only come every 6 to 10 months, so this will be a brief (about 8 hours) listen until they issue a new podcast. I've really enjoyed listening to this, and hope that you will love it too.

My recommendation would be to start listening to the pod casts from the newest (number 8) to the oldest. The flavor will change as you go, but there are some very interesting styles covered and some really interesting covers too.

If you've been here before, then you know that for some strange, inexplicable reason, the podcast links are broken. So I've replaced them with a link to the site's podcast page. Just click the link below and then subscribe to the podcast based on your PC's environment.

Sunlight Square

Enjoy! And let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Tony said...

Hey there! Internet's still a little spotty here, and so I'll have to wait for a little later to try this out (Internet guys come tomorrow).

Just wanted to let you know that the first link is bizzorken. Maybe just post a link to the main podcast page?

Steve Spencer said...

Duly noted and modified. Thanks for flagging me on this!

Tony said...

Added it to my iTunes list. It'll be nice to have a musical podcast for a change. Also: I think this is the actual "Sunlight Square" funk group that your friend was talking about - they just happen to do the podcast as well. I really dig their sound. Really textured and fun.